Do you have a broken or missing tooth? Is one or more of your teeth discolored from coffee, wine or tobacco? Cerec crowns can help brighten and revitalize your smile without the wait and the numerous dental appointments required for other types of cosmetic dentistry. However, quick results are just one of the many benefits that Cerec crowns have to offer.
What are Cerec crowns?
Cerec, which stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, is to dentistry what CAD is to engineering. Using this process, a dental technician can make a virtual, three-dimensional computer model of your tooth and use it to create a crown to fit snugly over it. This process eliminates any guesswork and multiple refittings. Using this technology, a dental technician is able to create an artificial tooth right in the dental office, without having to send the order out to a dental lab and waiting days or even weeks for the order to be processed and returned.
Benefits of Cerec crowns
1. Quick results. Cerec technology allows the patient to get a new smile in just one visit, in as little as two hours in many cases.
2. Better fit. Because the computer model of your tooth is an exact replica of your actual tooth, there is much less room for error. This technology also eliminates the black line around the gum line that often develops with porcelain crowns, and it feels more natural in the mouth.
3. Eliminates the need for a temporary tooth. With traditional crowns, a patient needs to have a plaster mold made and then wait for the porcelain crown to be made in an off-site lab. During this process, the patient is fitted with a temporary tooth, which is often uncomfortable, fits poorly and has a yellowish color.
4. No more plaster in your mouth. Since your mouth is mapped digitally, with a Cerec crown you don't have to endure the gloppy texture and not great taste of dental plaster in your mouth.
5. Lighter weight. Cerec crowns are made from a single piece of high-quality, dental grade ceramic and are lighter than traditional metal and porcelain crowns. This makes them more comfortable to wear and less prone to cracks and other flaws.
While Cerec crowns may not be the right choice for everyone looking to brighten their smile, Cerec technology can help you get your perfect smile quickly and comfortably.